Our Handheld Urea Refractometer is exceptionally simple to operate and provides quick, accurate measurements for the concentration of nearly any aqueous solution.
Operation consists of placing 1 or 2 drops of sample on the prism, closing the daylight plate over the sample, then looking through the focusable, cushioned-rubber eyepiece for the readings.
Easy to calibrate, simply place a few drops of distilled water or liquid standard (R.I. oil or prepared sucrose solution) on the prism, turn the built-in “Zero-Ring” until the shadowline is at the correct value of the liquid, and secure the ring.
Each order includes a vinyl carrying case, plastic transfer pipette, calibration screwdriver, and operation manual.
Key Features & Benefits
- Large, Sharp Display Scales with high contrast
- High-quality optical glass material for consistent, accurate readings
- Durable, industrial-grade design with non-roll stand feature to keep unit secure on flat surfaces
- Tactical, non-slip Rubber Grip on body to block transmission of hand heat reducing temperature effects
- Prism encased in all-metal housing allowing sample and prism to reach temperature equilibrium quickly
- One-Year Warranty
- Urea Range: 0 to 60%
- Resolution: 0.5%
- Accuracy: ±0.5%
- Maximum sample temperaure: 90°C (149°F)
- ATC is not included
- Size dimensions: 5.7 x 1.57 x 1.57 in. (145 x 40 x 40 mm)
- Refractometer (model URX-60)
- Vinyl storage/carrying case
- Transfer pipet
- Operation manual