- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
SILICONE LAB MAT
SILICONE LAB MAT
Reusable, reliable, and reversible
The Lab Mat by Heathrow Scientific is an economical solution to help keep benchtops clean and safe from stains, spills and wear. Save money by eliminating the need for repeated purchases and disposal costs associated with disposable paper mats. The lab mat is made from a durable FDA approved silicone material that creates a stain resistant washable working surface. When the mat is done being used, it can be easily cleaned using any standard disinfectant by simply wiping it, or putting it in a dishwasher and it’s ready for repeated use. Since the lab mat is reusable, it helps reduce waste making it a more environmentally friendly option over the alternative paper mats.
The lab mat offers a large working surface that is anti-skid which when dealing with harsh chemicals and delicate glassware helps keep items in place and prohibits the lab mat from sliding out from underneath. The mat’s surface is also noise dampening, reducing sound from the vibration of common benchtop equipment. The lab mat can be used with items such as centrifuges, vortex mixers, hot plates, stirrers, pipettes and so much more. When using the mat with magnetic stirrers there is a designated area with internal metal inserts to keep stir bars from wandering around the working surface. A lip design around the outer edge of the mat helps contain spillage that may occur when in use keeping benchtops safe and clean.
- Made from FDA food grade silicone
- Ideal for every type of laboratory and more specialized areas such as cold rooms, clean rooms, sterile suites and areas where high sterility is a requirement
- Protect countertops from hot items up to 200°C (392°F)
- General chemical resistance from moderate oxidizing chemicals, concentrated sodium hydroxide
- NOT RESISTANT to many solvents, oils, concentrated acids and dilute sodium hydroxide
- Washable with standard disinfectants in sinks or dishwashers allow for easy clean up for repetitive uses
- Mat can be rolled up for compact storage
- Autoclavable at 121° for 15 minutes